Friday, November 25, 2011

Lego Block Table

Before, During, and After:





So for the past 2 days I've been slowly putting together a Lego table for Gus. In all reality, it could have been finished in under an hour but it's hard to let paint and glue sit while a 2 year old is running around. So I ended up doing the painting and gluing while he was down for the night or napping. Tonight I finally got it completely done. It was finished enough that he got to play with it with his cousin and friends yesterday during Thanksgiving but tonight I got the "road" stripes put on it. It turned out really cute and he loves it. I think it is his new favorite thing. It was super easy to make.

All I did was: paint the top of the little table we already had with black chalkboard paint (which was leftover from painting his closet door and Janelle's wall, haha). After the paint was dry I took the Lego Duplo base plate and used liquid nail to attach it to the table. I sat a heavy paint can on it to push it down while it dried. Tonight, I took some white paint and painted the "road" stripes around the edge of the table so he can play with his cars on the road. My stripes got a little (well a lot) crooked but I don't think he will mind ;)

Here is the original post I got the idea from:http://www.meetthedubiens.com/2011/08/lego-and-car-table.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment