Thursday, December 1, 2011

Fleece Scarves



I bought a lot of fleece remnants a little while back. They were super cheap, I think I paid maybe $1.50 for each piece. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with them. Today I decided I would turn them into scarves. I made two different types. They were both really easy to make and to complete both of them it took me about 30 minutes.

The one in the top picture I just cut 2 pieces that are about 4 inches wide across the length of the fabric which I think was about 60". Then I took those pieces and sewed the ends together so I had a super long piece of fleece. Then I sewed it down the middle bunching the fabric up as I went down. Some of the spots got skipped so I had to go back and sew the bunching down. Once I got the bunching figured out it was easy to do. It turned out ruffled and when I put it on, it twisted down the length of it which is really cute.

The one in the second picture is a fringe scarf. This one I cut two pieces of fabric that were the same length and width. Then I sewed the pieces together, straight down the middle. After I had the middle seam, I sewed another seem on each side of the middle seam. So then I had three seams running the length of the scarf. Then I took my scissors and cut down each side about every 1/2 inch. This made the fringe. This one looks really full and cute on. The fringe gives it a neat texture. In all this one took less than 10 minutes to make. It was so easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment