Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pajama Pants



I bought a pajama pattern in my son's size awhile back. I have never sewn anything using a pattern before. It was pretty interesting to say the least. The pants pattern took me forever to even see how in the world it was going to turn into pants. Reading the pattern was much more complicated than I imagined it would be. It took me the longest time to figure out how to sew the crotch inseam. I seriously sewed and unstitched it four times. I worked on this part for probably an hour. Once I finally figured out how to do it, all I could think was I can't believe this is all I had to do this whole time! So my first attempt at pants took a lot longer than I expected it to but I did get them finished. They were a little baggy but I did make them a size up from what he's wearing now. He wore them to bed last night and they were still intact this morning so I will consider that a success! (The green ones)

We went to Hobby Lobby last night and in the remnant section they had a really cute fabric(the tan animal print) that just happened to be the exact amount I needed to make his pants. So I bought it and I made pants out of it tonight. This time I knew what I was doing and I had a complete pair of pants in about 30 minutes or so. I also made these a little smaller since the others were baggy. I think I understand the pattern reading a little better now so maybe I can start using them without getting upset!

No comments:

Post a Comment